- 1/2 kg. tagliatelle made with eggs
- 150 gr. of Parma ham
- 100 gr. of butter
- 400 gr. of crushed peeled tomatoes (tomato souce)
- Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- white wine
- Bring to the boil 5 litres of salted water.
- As it heats, cut into cuIn a smalla sucepan, brown 100 gr. of butterbes a
slice (150 gr.) of Parma ham, separating the fat from the lean part.
- In a small saucepan, brown 100 gr. butter, and add a slice of onion and the
fat of the ham, both finely sliced; when the onion turns a golden colour,
add the lean part of the ham and fry slowly for 2-3 misn.
- Sprinkle with dry, white wine and allow to evaporate; then add 400 gr. of
crushed peeled tomatoes minus their pips, or 4 tablespoons of tomato souce.
- Add salt, cover the soucepan, and continue to cook.
- When the water begins to boil, add 1/2 kg. tagliatelle made with eggs, stir
with a large fork and slighty undercook: drain and tip into a hot tureen,
stirring in the sauce, a small amount of freshly ground papper, 6
tablespoons of good grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
- This dish may also be prepared without the tomatoes.