Serves 4-6 :
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup red onion, finaly chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 ounce can evaporated skimmed milk (350 ml)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 3 ounces Prosciutto di Parma®, thinly sliced (85 g)
- 10 fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup fresh parsley leaves (15 gr)
- 4 fresh mint leaves or ¼ teaspoon dried
- 1 pound linguine (455 g)
- ¾ cup freshly graeted Parmigiano Reggiano (60 g)
- Freshly ground pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium. Add onion and salt.
- Sauté 5 minutes until onions soften. Add evaporeted skimmed milk and grated lemon zest.
- Cook 1 minute and remove from heat.
- Cut Prosciutto into thin strips. Set aside.
- Combine basil, parsley and mint and chop finely. Set aside.
- Cook linguine in rapidly boiling salted water. Just before pasta is done,
briefly return the sauté pan to medium heat and warm the sauce.
- When the pasta is al dente, drain and add to the sauté pan along with the herbs and
- Toss the pasta until the cheese melts and a light sauce forms.
- Add Prosciutto, season whit freshly ground pepper to taste and toss briefly.
- Serve immediately in warm pasta bowls with more Parmigiano-Reggiano at the table.